As you know (if you've been reading the blog), FIG is a small events caterer focused on providing sustainable food and a high level of service for corporate, in-home, and wedding events. We are adding a very important position to our team , a Wedding and Social Events Manager. If you are interested in joining FIG, see the job description below and send in a cover letter and resume if you qualify.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Fielding new client inquiries via e-mail and phone
- Creating custom menu proposals including rental and staff pricing
- Executing contracts for full service catering
- Creating banquet event orders (BEO) for the kitchen
- Communicating with the kitchen, staffing manager, and owner to produce events
- On-site event management
Higher-level activities include:
- Maintaining relationships with social and wedding clients
- Wedding and Social Event proposal development
- Maintaining and building relationships with venues and event planners.
- Working with owners and management team to develop business and recognize growth opportunities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook
- Familiarity with Google Documents or willingness to learn
- Excellent people skills
- Very organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to juggle many balls at one time
- 1-5 years sales experience, preferably in catering or food related field
It would also help if…
- You have knowledge of sustainable food and are able to communicate its value.
- You have previous food service experience within the restaurant or catering industry.
- You like working in intimate office settings with direct owner contact (we don’t bite, I promise).
Compensation will include base salary, hourly event compensation, commission bonus for liquor sales, potential tip income, and health insurance. Please send resumes to molly@FIGcatering.com to be considered.